Many people search on the internet for what is a balanced diet? Let Guest Blogging Pro help you get the answer to your question. A balanced diet is one that includes a variety of foods in specific amounts and proportions to meet the body’s needs for calories, proteins, minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients, with a small allowance for extra nutrients to last the short period of leanness. A well-balanced diet should also include bioactive phytochemicals such as dietary fiber, antioxidants, and nutraceuticals, all of which have health benefits. It should contain 60–70 percent of total calories from carbohydrates, 10–12 percent from proteins, and 20–25 percent from fat.
Why is a balanced diet important?
You learned what a balanced diet is and now we will tell you why a balanced diet is important. A supplemented diet provides your body with the nutrients it requires to function properly. Without it, your body is more susceptible to disease, infection, fatigue, and poor performance.
Children who do not consume enough nutritious foods may experience growth and developmental issues, poor academic performance, and frequent infections.
They may also form unhealthy eating habits that will last into adulthood.
They will also be at a higher risk of obesity and the diseases that comprise metabolic syndromes, such as type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure if they do not exercise.
According to the Center for Science in the Public Interest, diet is directly linked to four of the top ten leading causes of death in the United States: heart diseases, cancer, stroke, and type 2 diabetes.
What are the health benefits of a healthy diet?
Now after the importance of a healthy diet, we will tell you the major benefits of a balanced diet.
- Healthy eating boosts energy, improves the way your body functions, fortifies your immune system, and keeps you from gaining weight.
- Other significant advantages include: it meets your nutritional requirements.
- A varied diet will provide you with the nutrients you require to avoid nutritional deficiencies.
- Certain diseases can be prevented and treated. Healthy eating can lower the risk of developing diseases like diabetes, cancer, and heart disease. It is also beneficial in the treatment of diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Following a special diet can help you manage an illness or condition by reducing symptoms.
- Feel energized and in control of your weight. A healthy diet will make you feel better, give you more energy, and help you fight stress.
- Many social and cultural events revolve around food. Aside from nutrition, it aids in the formation of interpersonal bonds.
So this was all about What is a balanced diet? Why is a balanced diet important for you? and the health benefits of a balanced diet. Guest Blogging Pro suggests you also read how is black coffee good for health. Please comment with your valuable feedback.